Reports: Head of Marketing and Community Engagement
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Support the Head of Marketing and Community Engagement to develop our event strategy
- Execute our event strategy and make sure we follow a consistent positioning and high standards across all our events
- Develop and manage, in coordination with all other relevant areas (Acceleration, Scouting and VC Relations, FIT, etc) our annual calendar of events
- Promote all Wayra events – pre-events (registrations), during the event (social media) and post-event with video and photos created during the event. Ensure all events are well attended with a high standard of attendees from across the London start-up ecosystem
- Lead alongside programme managers on the delivery of key programme events such as Demo Days, including creating event Comms
- Support the creation and own the delivery of non-programme events to engage with other stakeholder groups such as investors, mentors, partners, start-ups.
- Manage the Wayra events space
- Align Events and Comms to ensure all upcoming events are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and promoted through the appropriate channels
- Coordinate sponsorships and events participation
- Research and be aware of all relevant events happening in the ecosystem and communicate to the Wayra team and start-ups where appropriate
- Work continually across the Wayra team to create new event ideas to pitch to leadership
- Systematise of events templates and contacts lists e.g. events suppliers and venues and building relationships with trusted suppliers and venues to enable quick problem solving when issues arise
- Content creation
- Familiarity with key event platforms e.g. eventbrite, is key
- An ability to take initiative and implement new ideas
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholder groups to pull together impactful events
- Experience delivering small to large events for up to 200 people
- Ability to work across multiple team members to bring an event vision to life e.g. comms, programme managers, investment team
- Have a strong attention to detail, this is key for the successful execution of this role
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Spanish is a plus.
- Available to participate in evening’s network events
- Available to travel nationally and internationally
- Interest in technology is a plus
- Experience working with start-ups in a plus
Wayra is the most global, connected and technological open innovation hub in the world.
Wayra UK brings world-class start-ups to Telefónica globally and O2 locally with the aim of finding new sources of revenue and innovation. We work with Telefonica / O2 to democratise entrepreneurship and to scale start-ups by facilitating the UK’s largest network of innovation hubs, all done in coordination with world-class partners.
Wayra provides unparalleled access to networks and capital that turn start-ups into scale-ups. Our 193 portfolio companies have a combined valuation of over $1 billion and have generated $18.5 million in revenue via contracts with Telefónica. In addition to our main London programme and 193 investee companies, we facilitate a network of 4 additional programmes throughout the UK that have supported an additional 94 companies.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to recruitment_UK@wayra.org