Reports: to Country Manager
Team: 2-3 people (Comms, Events and Community Leads)
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING
- Responsible for Wayra’s message to the eco-system, for the brand positioning, for developing and executing events and for creating and developing our community
- Develop and implement our marketing and comms strategy in line with Global Comms including managing our website, content calendar, content creation, social media, as well as the monthly and investors newsletters
- Line manage the Comms Lead
- Work together with all Wayra's programme managers to develop and execute tailored Comms plans for all Wayra's programmes.
- Responsible for Wayra UK internal comms: platforms and best practices and for deployment of global tools (e.g. Teams, etc.). Define brand & coms materials & presentations for the team
- Responsible to create PR strategies and write press releases to be published into the website and the tech national press. Develop relationship with key journalists to promote our content and develop media exposure for Wayra.
- Support Wayra UK portfolio of 193 start-ups in communicating properly their businesses. Generate media exposure for the start-ups.
- Own the relationship with Corporate and Global Comms. Work together with Wayra Hubs in other countries and with Wayra Global to align comms and to share best practices.
- Position Wayra UK as a thought leader in the local ecosystem in innovation, startups and corporate venturing topics
- Develop and execute our event strategy and make sure we follow a consistent positioning and high standards across all our events. Including strategy for sponsorship and event participation
- Develop, in coordination with all other relevant areas (Acceleration, Scouting and VC Relations, FIT, etc) our annual calendar of events
- Line manage the Events Lead and dedicated Events Lead to programmes when applicable
- Promote all Wayra events – pre-events (registrations), during the event (social media) and post-event with video and photos created during the event. Ensure all events are well attended with a high standard of attendees from across the London start-up ecosystem
- Lead alongside programme managers on the delivery of key programme events such as Demo Days, including creating event Comms
- Support the creation and own the delivery of non-programme events to engage with other stakeholder groups such as investors, mentors, partners, start-ups.
- Align Events and Comms to ensure all upcoming events are communicated to the relevant stakeholders and promoted through the appropriate channels
- Research and be aware of all relevant events happening in the ecosystem and communicate to the Wayra team and start-ups where appropriate
- Systematise of events templates and contacts lists e.g. events suppliers and venues and building relationships with trusted suppliers and venues to enable quick problem solving when issues arise
Community and office management
- Create and implement strategies to increase entrepreneurs, investors, ecosystem partners, mentors, corporate sponsors, university leaders, etc. engagement with Wayra and form a living group with a true sense of community. Advance, inspire and encourage the entrepreneurial spirit throughout the community through your daily actions
- Line manage our Office Manager and Community Engagement Lead
- Create and maintain communication platform for our community members (e.g. slack channel)
- Perform an annual NPS measurement
- Implement our Shapers Plan and reach the desired level of engagement
- Ensure our office works smoothly and Wayra team and other residents have a great experience at the hub
- Co-develop metrics and track success/performance in advancing the startup ecosystem
- Fluent in English (oral and written). Spanish is a plus.
- Exceptional writing skills
- Over 5 years of experience in marketing and communications in leadership role
- Be strategical and creative
- Be proactive and hands-on
- Experience managing social media profiles and creating content for brands.
- Available to participate in evening’s network events
- Available to travel nationally and internationally
- Interest in technology is a plus.
- Experience working with start-ups in a plus
- Experience managing people
Wayra is the most global, connected and technological open innovation hub in the world.
Wayra UK brings world-class start-ups to Telefónica globally and O2 locally with the aim of finding new sources of revenue and innovation. We work with Telefonica / O2 to democratise entrepreneurship and to scale start-ups by facilitating the UK’s largest network of innovation hubs, all done in coordination with world-class partners.
Wayra provides unparalleled access to networks and capital that turn start-ups into scale-ups. Our 193 portfolio companies have a combined valuation of over $1 billion and have generated $18.5 million in revenue via contracts with Telefónica. In addition to our main London programme and 193 investee companies, we facilitate a network of 4 additional programmes throughout the UK that have supported an additional 94 companies.
To apply for this role, please send your CV to recruitment_UK@wayra.org